Perhaps I am getting too involved in my Statistics class and using the terminology in many places.Maybe I am correct though.I have no idea.What am I talking about?My middle daughter and the concepts of when to teach a child a second language.
As most any Pinoys can tell you the same, I started out with one dialect, added three more by age 4, and started learning English in 1st grade as part of the curriculum.In the USA, I was told that it is a bad idea to teach your children more than one language near the beginning as it will “confuse them.”Most foreign languages only start to be taught close to the time a Filipino is finishing high school.[Read more]
Jobs in the mining industry are part of typical employment paradox. Without experience, it is near impossible to get a job, but without a job it is impossible to get experience. Although there is an industry shortage of skilled and experienced workers, entry level positions are highly competitive. If you want to get a start in the mining industry, here are a few essential guidelines to maximize your chances.
Tick All the Boxes
The easiest way to be rejected from any mining position is to fail to meet the mining industry’s basic must-haves. Although each company has its own criteria, four requirements are absolutely essential. First, a Heavy Rigid Vehicle License (HR), (along with a current driver’s license). This license will enable you to drive trucks and other pieces of essential construction equipment. Second, complete a safety workshop. Companies are not interested in employing anyone who looks like they’re about to fall down the mine shaft. A nationally recognized workshop, such as the MARCSTA safety induction workshop is recommended. Third, complete a Mine Worker’s Health Surveillance test. This is a hearing and lung function test that is compulsory for everybody in the mining industry. Fourth, a national police certificate. If you really want your employer to know you don’t have a criminal record, you can also obtain an Australian Federal Police National Police Check clearance before you send off your resume. [Read more]
Living where I do in Wisconsin poses a slight challenge when shopping for clothing.The normal clothing available usually doesn’t come close to fitting as it is too big for me.If you listen to my husband, he’d say I have to shop in the girls department and skip the women’s department.It isn’t completely true.I just have to look carefully in the petite section.[Read more]
Scientists spend a lot of time and money to try and solve an issue of interest to those who will fund them. The pretty much is what scientists do. Sometimes, the money and time is spent trying to find the answers to pestering questions that are often debated. [Read more]
We have all seen it if you read any of the discussion boards on any given website. It doesn’t really matter what the topic is either. As long as there are two or more sides in any given topic, there will be people debating or supposedly discussing the topic.
1. Most commentators on an article fall into a few categories.
2. There are those who calmly add to the topic by including verifiable facts and their view on it.
3. Some calmly add their opinion on the content of the article in a non-offensive manner.
4. Another category starts to affix blame on one individual or group.
5. One other group decides it is better to ignore the content of the article and instead insult the author contributing nothing to a discussion.
6. Yet another group is out to pick a fight with other commentators and makes broad generalizations and uses playground name calling.
7. One of the worst types tries to do a massive spin job from a warped view that isn’t remotely close to verifiable facts but deems their opinion to be superior and automatically correct regardless of the facts.
8. Lastly, there are those who do not remotely address anything of substance, but instead pick on spelling or errors in punctuation or the like. I will be aiming at this last group as it is usually the most humorous of the bunch.
Once you’ve started DIY it tends to get addictive, the idea of making something for yourself with your own two hands is pretty amazing. The problem is beginners get caught between the projects they want to do and can’t quite manage and the projects they never thought of building. Here are some basic little things you can use to hone your skills. So pick up your saw and your welding supplies and see what you can do. [Read more]
If you are a lady reading this entry, I challenge you to think back to your preteen and teenage years.It doesn’t matter what country you are from or your culture.What was your favorite boy band?For me, it was Hanson.I will not ask you to think of all of the now silly things you did out of your infatuation with your select boy band.Since I’m not going to say what I did, you don’t need to either. [Read more]